Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cindy Huefner Cromer, Author Of 'Desperate Measures' Chosen As One Of '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading'

Cromer was chosen from a field of hundreds of authors who appeared on The Authors Show Radio in 2012. In her interview she discusses the release of her debut novel, a mystery suspense novel titled 'Desperate Measures'

Cindy Huefner Cromer, author of 'Desperate Measures', has been chosen as one of '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading'. Winners will appear in this year’s edition of the book. Cromer was chosen as the result of her appearance on The Authors Show Radio.

“This has been such an exciting experience for me" Cindy stated, "as leaping into the literary world has been a whole new business to learn. I have always dreamed of writing a book and now my greatest expectations have become a reality with the publication of my debut mystery suspense novel, 'Desperate Measures'. Being selected as one of the '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading' has exceeded my aspiration and goals. As a new author in such a competitive industry, I'm thrilled and honored to have achieved this honor and recognition.”

In the story line of 'Desperate Measures', what should have been the perfect vacation soon became a nightmare. Caitlin Martel made a stop before meeting her family at Miami International Airport. A cryptic message waited for her. She dismissed the threat and assumed it was directed toward the brilliant scientist that she recently hired. Caitlin has no idea that a forgotten secret was about to explode and put her life in jeopardy. When Caitlin and her family arrive on the Caribbean Island of St. Kitts, they find their dream home vandalized. In the kitchen, another message has been left. In blood, leaving no doubt that Caitlin personally is the target. In a flashback Caitlin recalls the secret that her father, Jack Spencer, revealed to her sixteen years ago. He didn’t tell her everything. Will Jack be able to confront the truth and reconstruct the past in time to save his daughter? Caitlin’s husband Scott, FBI Assistant Director, also believes the threats are related to Caitlin’s professional life. Once Caitlin points out the significance of what was left in their home, Scott unofficially brings his top FBI agent, Tomas Medina, to St. Kitts. When Tomas arrives, his status is quickly upgraded and the investigation becomes official. The third threat creates a direct link to multi-billionaire Lukas Bucklin. The suspense escalates through twists, turns, and family secrets yet to be revealed. A powerful climax unveils an unlikely alliance between two deadly and dangerous enemies.

"Ever since I was little," Cindy continued, "I’ve been an avid reader. I always said one day I’d write a book, if I ever had the time.  My family teased me mercilessly about reading and encouraged me to write a book, since I had read so many.  I gave it a shot, started typing away, and created Caitlin, the protagonist.  I gave her a career utilizing my scientific and executive background.  Since my favorite genre is mystery and suspense, I thought about a story I’d like to read.  It didn’t take long for a plot and ending to formulate. In writing this first book I’ve achieved my dream and have continued on with a second book."

Cindy Huefner Cromer is available for media interviews and can be reached using the information below, or by email at thecromers@comcast.net. 'Desperate Measures’ is available at Amazon.com and other online outlets.  More information is available at her website, Cindy’s Writing Studio at http://www.cindyhuefnercromer.com.

About Cindy Huefner Cromer:

Cindy Huefner Cromer is originally from Freehold Township, New Jersey and currently resides in Stuart, Florida, with her husband, son, and daughter.  She is a scientist, executive and the president of a laboratory network. In this role she has written numerous laboratory procedures and research documents.

She crafts her writing style and utilizes her scientific and executive background in the creation of her characters without bombarding readers with acronyms and scientific jargon. She is finalizing her second book, ‘Desperate Deceptions’. Cindy has also written a children’s book and is awaiting publication and release.

Contact:

Cindy Huefner Cromer
www.CindyHuefnerCromer.com
thecromers@comcast.net